Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.
—Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician (Nobel 1952)

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Just Couldn't Stay Away

Okay, listen. I just couldn't stay away.

The more I think about it, read about it, learn about it, the more I need to share it with you. This blog has previously focused on living a healthy lifestyle through good nutrition and exercise, hence the title "Healthy for Life." The name of the blog will not change but the main focus will.

Today I am making a commitment to become vegan. I've wanted to do this for a while but I kept making excuses for delaying it (oh, I'll be vegan at home and eat cheese out at restaurants; I'll eliminate eggs but I'll still eat baked goods that have eggs in them; I don't want to inconvenience anyone; if we're on vacation, I'll have cheese and eggs, etc, etc). But enough is enough.

I want to share my journey with you, as I have been doing, but there is information I've been learning that I have to share with you. Some of this information might be unpleasant or might ruin your appetite. Some of this information might stop you from reading mid-paragraph. Some of this information might cause you utter disbelief.

But some of this information might change the way you think about your food. Some might cause you to start eating completely vegetarian once, twice, three times a week. And some might cause you to change the way you eat totally, for the rest of your life. I can only hope to have that kind of influence.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing surprises or shocks me about food! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete