Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.
—Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician (Nobel 1952)

Monday, September 26, 2011

Veganize it!

I don't know about you, but I love a little milk and sugar in my coffee. For years, I would make my daily stop at Dunkin' Donuts for a medium coffee with skim milk and sugar. As I started this whole vegan quest, I cut out drinking glasses of milk but had a little dilemma when it came to what to put in my coffee. I tried soy milk at first. It wasn't my favorite and I'll put a little in with sugar if I have nothing else (and I do like the Starbucks espresso drinks with soy), but I needed something else. Enter the "So Delicious" brand. They make dairy free products using coconut milk instead. You can't taste any coconut flavor and it is thick enough to give you the feeling of dairy milk without the moo factor. I personally love their french vanilla creamer (I don't even add sugar) but they also have plain and hazelnut. They make a ton of other products too including, drum roll, ice cream. So if you're looking for a way to veganize your coffee, try coconut milk or some other non-dairy milk to see what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Starbucks is awesome because it offers a milk alternative, but it would be great if other coffee places would get on board. I use Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweeten Vanilla. I LOVE it on my granola with raspberries. Mmmmmmm so good!!

    ReplyDelete