Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.
—Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician (Nobel 1952)

Monday, April 12, 2010

Here goes...

In recent years, nutrition has become a personal passion of mine. I am writing this weekly blog to provide myself with an outlet for my thoughts, reflections, and personal journey on the road to living a healthy, vibrant life. Keep in mind, I am not a doctor or nutritionist and my thoughts here are going to be one of two things: my opinion or information I have come across in my reading. You can agree with it or not; you can take it or leave it.

But here are my own personal facts at this moment: In the last six weeks, I have lost 12 pounds and 4% body fat. And most importantly, I feel incredible! Those of you who know me may think that I did not need to lose that weight but I'll just say, it helps to be tall. Although I do exercise consistently, this is not the ultimate reason for my success. I have changed the way I eat dramatically. Sure I've made small changes here and there in the past, but nothing has led to the way I feel today. I want to share my journey with you, and if you want to take some of the information I share and apply it to your own life, you may be happy you did.

I'm not perfect (who is???) so I'll share some of that with you along the way, too. I just feel passionate about how excellent nutrition and an active lifestyle can change your life and the lives of those you love. So here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment