Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.
—Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician (Nobel 1952)

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Brrr!

Okay, I'm all about spending time in the great outdoors, but 9 degrees is a little too cold, if not for me, for my little man and my dog. So during CJ's nap time today, I am making myself a nice cup of vegan hot chocolate! The recipe is from Alicia Silverstone's cookbook The Kind Diet and this is certainly not the first time I've made it...

1 cup soy/rice milk blend
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon (eh-hem, or more!) of nondairy chocolate or carob chips
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon maple syrup
Optional toppings: vegan marshmallows, nondairy whipped topping, chocolate shavings...

Whisk all the ingredients (except toppings) in a small saucepan over medium heat until the chips melt. Add toppings if desired.

And now I will curl up with a nice book and enjoy my hot chocolate! Thanks Alicia!

No comments:

Post a Comment