Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.
—Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician (Nobel 1952)

Friday, April 1, 2011

Bob and Jillian

Would you like some workouts that will kick your behind and get it into some serious shape? Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels (the two trainers from The Biggest Loser) will do just that.

If you know me well, you know that one of the only things I watch on TV is The Biggest Loser (or any other show where severely overweight people lose weight and change their lives--there are many shows like this and I'll find them if they're on!). I know the show is essentially the same every season but I absolutely love watching people who have led unhealthy lives learn how to change, gain confidence and enthusiasm for life, and help others along the way. The two trainers that help them do this are Bob and Jillian.

Now, of course, they each have their own DVD lines of workouts and, yes, it is another way to get you to spend money. But for me, I honestly can say these two trainers have helped get me in really good shape and have helped me feel stronger than ever. I've been "working out" with Jillian for well over a year and a half and started the Bob "Inside Out Method" DVDs earlier this year. Jillian's workouts are definitely challenging and will kick your butt, but right now Bob is making me work pretty darn hard! We have three of his DVDs (strength, cardio, and yoga) and after an hour of each of these (on different days, of course!) my body is spent... in a good way. I always finish these workouts feeling amazing and also exhausted and also strong. Bob's workouts are so tough that on the strength and cardio DVDs, the people doing them can hardly keep up. I mean, seriously! But they are super fun and super effective. I highly recommend these workouts if you're looking for a way to really turn it up a notch!

No comments:

Post a Comment