Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.
—Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician (Nobel 1952)

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Eat More Fud

I returned to Fud, Kansas City's best vegan restaurant, today for lunch. This is the forth time I have eaten at this adorable little eatery on 17th and Summit and I am more and more impressed each time. When Brian and I checked it out a year ago, Fud was newly opened and very slow. The food was definitely good at that point but we waited over an hour for our meals to be served. In the past month, I have visited Fud both for lunches and dinners and the service is exponentially more efficient. I'm really happy about this because the dishes they serve are so delish and I was hoping for the service to match.

Today I had the tostada with a side salad. All the ingredients are very fresh and tasty. On the tostada, you have a choice of "meats," one of which is called "wild mild." While I am not 100% sure of the ingredients, I can guess that there is wild rice, mushrooms, and a variety of spices that make it extremely tasty. The side salad was great too, loaded with fresh, crispy veggies. Here is what the meal looked like...
I know I am partial to vegan food but any carnivore would have to admit that the mixture of tostada ingredients is extremely tasty and substantial. I really enjoyed my meal and unlike usual days when I eat at home, I didn't feel the need to have an afternoon snack between lunch and dinner.

I am not a food critic so I am not going to go into detail about the qualities of the ingredients or their combinations. Simply put, I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch! The other aspect of my dining experience that was exciting is that the restaurant filled up while I was there. This has been my experience every time I have eaten at Fud. It is encouraging to see how many vegans there are and/or people who are willing to try vegan food in this land of barbecue!

No comments:

Post a Comment