Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.
—Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician (Nobel 1952)

Friday, April 13, 2012

Eggs

I meant to post this link the other day but never got around to finishing the article myself! Here is Nicholas Kristof's thoughts in the Times about an investigation of a massive egg producing company.


More than anything else, eggs are hard for me to completely give up on my quest to be more vegan. I still like to have the occasional hard boiled egg and I certainly won't turn down a cake made with an egg or two. However, I try my best to by the eggs from local farms that are sold in Whole Foods or even Price Chopper. They are certainly more expensive (sometimes double in price) but it makes me feel good knowing the the eggs have come from a small production, and what's more, the eggs taste a whole lot better. Even better would be if you could get your eggs directly from a local farmer in your area. Do a little investigating to find out who sells eggs in your neck of the woods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment