Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.
—Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician (Nobel 1952)

Thursday, August 22, 2013

T Loft

One of my new favorite spots to stop in for healthy, nourishing refreshment is Kansas City's own T Loft! The store opened in the spring and serves juices, smoothies, teas, and all kinds of gluten free treats. The tea blends they have are pretty yummy but mostly we go in for the juices. With fun names like "Mean and Clean," "Extreme C," and "Warrior Juice" you can't really go wrong. We haven't tried them all yet because I keep going back to my favorites every time I go in. The combinations of veggies, fruits, and herbs make these drinks delicious while at the same time giving you a boost of energy that rivals that of caffeine (minus the jitters). Even my son loves the juices! Here he is drinking his "Mean and Clean" after a long day at school...
Of course, one of his favorite things to get at T Loft is a protein ball. They have two types of these: one is a cacao chocolate protein ball and the other is the peanut butter protein ball. These little 100 calorie treats are so yummy that CJ thinks of them as a special treat in the same league as a sugary muffin or animal crackers even though I would be completely fine with him having them everyday.

It is so nice to have a place in town (literally down the road from our house!) that serves healthy treats. Some people think this juicing craze is a passing trend and maybe that is true. But I think there is nothing wrong with a trend that provides all kinds of healthy minerals and vitamins to your body. For me, I always feel better walking out of T Loft after drinking one of their juices than when I walk out of Starbucks after drinking a sugary, high calorie espresso drink (although there is nothing wrong with that on occasion!). It also makes me happy to be able to bring my child to a healthy spot where I would be okay with him having anything they serve. Yay for T Loft! We are glad you are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment