Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.
—Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician (Nobel 1952)

Friday, August 23, 2013

Try Something New!

I didn't want to post more than one entry a day but I have to tell you about the kickboxing class I just took over at Title Boxing Prairie Village. Holy amazing-workoutness! I took a free trial class today and it was the hardest workout I have done in such a long time. As I was beating the heck out of a punching bag (wearing very cool gloves and bad ass hand wraps, by the way), a realization came over me. I had been stuck in a workout rut this summer. I mean, things got boring and I was getting out of the shape I really wanted to be in. Sometimes all you have to do is change things up a little bit to find that moment when your heart is beating, great music is playing and the sweat is pouring off you, and you feel completely alive (even if you end up doubled over with exhaustion at the end!). I signed up for a membership at the club and I'm excited to see where this new endeavor leads!

No comments:

Post a Comment