Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.
—Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician (Nobel 1952)

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 6

Towards the end of Crazy Sexy Diet, there is a section of day by day encouragement and tips if you choose to do the 21 day cleanse. The affirmation for today, day 6, is "Each step is a victory. Each fall is a lesson. Either way, I am improving now." I think this is great advice for every day. Some days are sunny, some are cloudy, and some are flat out hurricanes. Unfortunately, not every day is going to be sunny so it's important to accept the stormy days as they are, learn from them, and move on.

In our neck of the woods today, it happens to be snowy... literally. But I have to say that after a hurricane week with Christopher, I feel pretty sunny today and incredibly healthy. Today was the first day I started with a green shake instead of breakfast and it was better than I thought, to be honest. It's amazing how your taste buds change when you're not eating sugary junk. Now I must admit, I baked three small loaves of vegan banana bread (Veganomicon!) last night to use up ripe bananas (they are for Christopher, btw) and it was a bit of torture smelling them and not being able to eat them, but the torture was only temporary.

I forgot to mention some of the supplements I'm taking during this cleanse (and actually, I take most of these on a regular basis)... Multivitamin for my B12, D, etc.; Probiotics for my acidophillis, Aloe vera (liquid form) for detox, and Juice Plus Vinyard, Orchard, and Garden blends.

Have a healthy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. This is a very positive post. You are doing awesome!!

    ReplyDelete