Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.
—Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician (Nobel 1952)

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cranky!

When we were preparing for this 21 day cleanse, we read about some of the different withdrawal symptoms we might encounter as we detoxified our bodies. Well, two of them have occurred today: crankiness and headaches. It amazes me that I would still get a headache 11 days into this cleanse. It also scares me a bit to think of the things my body is trying to get rid of in this process that would cause me to get a headache. I'm cranky about meticulously planning every single thing I put in my body. I'm drooling over Christopher's peanut butter and jelly with all its gluten and jelly sugar goodness. I'm cranky about cleaning the stinkin' juicer and all it's parts every single day. And for crying out loud, if I have to slice another fruit or vegetable, the results will not be pretty!

But........

This moodiness is just temporary and I feel utterly fabulous otherwise! I've lost a little weight and body fat. My workouts feel stronger. I feel clean and healthy inside and out. My skin has improved. I feel really good mentally and spiritually about strictly following a vegan diet. We are making changes for the better and that is what we have to focus on as we do this. Nothing improves when you stay in your comfort zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment