Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.
—Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician (Nobel 1952)

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 17

By now, it feels as if we've been eating the "cleanse way" for our entire lives. I guess that's the idea though--to create new, healthy habits that will stick with us forever. While I admit that I have been living with many of these habits for a while now, doing this cleanse has made me really pay attention to everything I put in my mouth.

If I had to do this forever (pay attention to everything I put in my mouth!), I just might lose my mind, that's for sure. I am so looking forward to having a glass of wine or even a slice of regular whole wheat toast (gasp!). But I'm thinking about how great I feel physically, emotionally, and spiritually right now and I don't want to lose that feeling! I'm ready for this to be done but I'm so thankful for having done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment